The Hall primarily serves the village of Maidwell that has just over 100 houses. Originally the Hall was built as a reading room in the 1930’s by Squire Loder and later gifted to the village.
It has a main hall, toilet facilities and a kitchen area, which is not certified for food preparation.
The committee organises several events for the village through the year, these are further described in the blog entries. The Hall is also booked many times through the year for private events, for example parties. Several Parish Councils around the local area also use the Hall for their regular meetings.